- A technical stopper for the best effervescent wines on the market, with a high physical, chemical and sensory performance.
- This type of stopper is composed of a body of granulated cork and two natural cork discs at the top, in permanent contact with the wine, thus presenting an adequate mechanical behaviour and great ease in the bottling process.
- Check that the bottling jaws show no grooves or signs of wear
- Ensure correct alignment of piston and locating ring
- Ensure that the bottling machine works evenly, especially during compression
- Regularly clean all surfaces that come in contact with the stoppers with chlorine-free products
- Ensure that the equipment is adjusted to the stopper you are using
- At JGR CORK we can suggest the most appropriate cork size by studying the internal profile of your bottle neck, the characteristics of the wine and the bottling conditions
- We advise you to order your corks for immediate use, not exceeding 6 months after delivery date
- Corks should be stored in their original packaging in a well-ventilated place with controlled temperature between 15°C and 25°C and humidity between 50% and 70%.
- Do not leave the boxes and/or bags open with the stoppers
- Ensure there is no dust before bottling
- Ensure that the cork is quietly compressed to a diameter of not less than 15.5 mm
- Ensure that the cork is inserted as soon as possible
- For bottlenecks with standard measurements, the stopper must be inserted up to 1 mm below the top of the neck
- The degree of moisture inside the neck of the bottle should be minimised
- The space between the stopper and the wine must be at least 15 mm at a temperature of 20 °C
- Do not leave the stoppers in the machine feeder to avoid dust
- Always use corks with a surface treatment suitable for the type of beverage you are bottling
- It is necessary to make vacuum to avoid internal pressures
- After bottling, keep the bottles in the upright position for at least 15 minutes
- Ideal storage conditions are: temperature between 12°C and 18°C and humidity between 50% and 70%.
- Keep the basement free of insects
- Cylinders must be transported upright
- Storage must not be carried out in installations where there is exposure to sunlight, heated environment and in direct contact with the ground