NATURAL CORK STOPPER
- The best cork for your wine. The greatest added value in cork, made from a single piece.
- 100% natural product extracted directly from the cork tree, resulting in a stopper subject to the latest technology.
- This type of stopper can and should be used in any type of wine, regardless of the aging and shape of the bottle.
- Check that the bottling jaws show no grooves or signs of wear
- Ensure correct alignment of piston and locating ring
- Ensure that the bottling machine works evenly, especially during compression
- Regularly clean all surfaces that come in contact with the stoppers with chlorine-free products
- Ensure that the equipment is adjusted to the stopper you are using
- At JGR CORK we can suggest the most appropriate cork size by studying the internal profile of your bottle neck, the characteristics of the wine and the bottling conditions
- We advise you to order your corks for immediate use, not exceeding 6 months after delivery date
- Corks should be stored in their original packaging in a well-ventilated place with controlled temperature between 15°C and 25°C and humidity between 50% and 70%.
- Do not leave the boxes and/or bags open with the stoppers
- Ensure there is no dust before bottling
- Ensure that the cork is quietly compressed to a diameter of not less than 15.5 mm
- Ensure that the cork is inserted as soon as possible
- For bottlenecks with standard measurements, the stopper must be inserted up to 1 mm below the top of the neck
- The degree of moisture inside the neck of the bottle should be minimised
- The space between the stopper and the wine must be at least 15 mm at a temperature of 20 °C
- Do not leave the stoppers in the machine feeder to avoid dust
- Always use corks with a surface treatment suitable for the type of beverage you are bottling
- It is necessary to make vacuum to avoid internal pressures
- After bottling, keep the bottles in the upright position for at least 15 minutes
- Ideal storage conditions are: temperature between 12°C and 18°C and humidity between 50% and 70%.
- Keep the basement free of insects
- Cylinders must be transported upright
- Storage must not be carried out in installations where there is exposure to sunlight, heated environment and in direct contact with the ground